Zildjian was unhappy with the quality, sound and even the importance of the cymbals produced at the time. He began manufacturing and selling Sabian Cymbals. The Company was located in a Canadian village, Meductic, of New Brunswick. Now known as the Zildjian Vault, the company has become a global center for cymbal and sound innovation that is unique to Sabian cymbals. Robert Zildjian left the company due to a family disagreement. He started a company of his own named Sabian after his 3 children. The Sabian cymbal company is known as having the most options for cymbal design and sound. The sounds range from the traditional to the ultra modern, or from the dark to bright, cymbals of any range, even some thought to be eclectic. Today Sabian is about creating new sounds and cymbal designs for modern drummers and it sells many kinds of percussion equipment in 120 countries. The Sabian Company started out with the making of 2 cymbal lines the HH and the AA lines which were composed of the typical bell bronze alloy that was popular at the time.
Sabian Cymbal Products
Sabian produces and sells many lines of cymbals. Several are described here.
Focused Cymbal Lines
- SBr (Sabian Brass) series an economically cheaper type of cymbal
- B8 (focused bright) and the B8 Pro (focused brilliant)-The B8 is made of bronze alloy with a traditional hue and the B8 Pro is left with a super shiny finish.
- APX (focused cut) line is favored by today's rock band percussionists because they are aggressive and are bright with a high decibel design
Creative Cymbal Lines
- Vault or Unique line is a cymbal with silver added to the regular alloy leaving it with a very shiny finish.
- Signature line cymbals developed in conjunction with famous drummer's endorsement.
- Paragon or powerful line first seen on a tour of the band Rush, endorsed by drummer Neil Peart, finished with hand hammering, combines components of AA, HH, and AAX cymbal lines.
Vintage Cymbal Lines
- Xs20 are cymbals composed of 80% copper and 20% tin with tiny amounts of silver with an original finish that was later (2009) changed to a brighter finish
- _HH cymbals or Vintage Dark cymbals are hand-hammered making them a unique individual piece
- AA cymbals or Vintage Bright are made entirely by machine and issue a typical bright sound
- AA Metal-X a type of the AA cymbal with the Power Active style giving this cymbal better louder projection of its sound
Modern Cymbal Lines
- AAX or Modern Bright cymbals made the usual way but featuring the Sabian's Dynamic Focus, for eliminating distortion and increasing the cymbal's clarity, making the cymbal react the same no matter the volume.
- OMNI-A cymbal subline made with the backing of Jojo Mayer. Cymbals reported to have riding and crashing capabilities in the same instrument.
- HHX also called Modern Dark cymbals that have Sabian's tone projection qualities.
- Legacy and Evolution-Both are sublines of the previously talked about HHX series that are made with contributer Dave Weckl Legacy cymbals have a traditional finish and the Evelution cymbals come in a bright finish
Sabian cymbals are sold worldwide and have a noteworthy reputation for being among the top choice for those searching for the best in cymbals. They pride themselves on the quality of their products, the wide variety for the customer to choose from and their dependable service.
posted by Audrey at 10:46 AM